The objective of Reputation Repair is, simply stated, to generate positive press, get it ranked, and bury the old/bad press.
Some things ( A Bakers Dozen) you’ll need to do:
1) Create Forum posts with “your name” in the Title. Post to ALOT of forums.
Use powerful forums like daniweb, webmasterworld, www.flashmobileforum.org, etc.
2) Create a Wikipedia page. “Your name” is worthy. If done right, it shouldn’t get rejected. The link has a nofollow, but the Title tag is golden.
3) Create a Rollyo profile. (use your full name).
4) Create a Technorati profile. (use your full name).
5) Create a MySpace profile. (use your full name in the URL).
6) Create a Digg profile. (use your full name).
7) Optimize your bio page.
8) Link to “Your name” from every web property you own. Create a new “Your name” webpage from a different domain.
9) Hire a copywriter to write a longpage webpage. Optimize it.
10) Run a PPC Campaign. Bid on your name, and every combination of your name. Because, others may be bidding on your name if you’re not.
11) Don’t just limit your efforts to Web Search. Search is many things today. Perhaps you need to repair your Image Search reputation or Video Search reputation?
12) Write a Viral piece, and submit it to a ton of Social Media sites.
13) Write a Press Release using hyperlinks that contain “your name”.
- After each forum post/link/webpage, submit it to Google manually.
Depending on the severity of the damage, conduct a Media Buy for Links for your name.