Search engines need to be able to read the text on your webpage to figure out what it is about. If there isn’t any text, then your site most likely isn’t going to rank well for anything. So, before you trash that expensive flash site, hold on. There are some inexpensive SEO tactics you can try. Instead of redesigning an entire flash site or using technical SEO to optimize flash files, it’s possible to achieve high search engine rankings by doing just a few simple things.
1) Place text in footer that contains your keyword.
2) Put your chosen keywords in the Title tag and Meta data.
3) Conduct a Strategic Link Campaign.
4) Buy a link on a web directory. A good web directory to accomplish this is BOTW.
5) Use “review sites” such as Reviewme & PayPerPost. But be careful in choosing the right site…because it’s possible the strength of the “review site” could cause the review to outrank your site.
Depending on the competitiveness of your keywords and the KEI, you might only need to do one of the things listed above (Eg: place a text link in the footer).
Another alternative is to create a HTML version of the flash site. You don’t need to worry about duplicate content issues because the Search Engine spider can’t read the flash site anyway.