Startup web-based businesses are often looking for inexpensive advertising techniques to generate website traffic. Guerrilla Marketing techniques are a great way to get started on a shoestring marketing budget…especially to a niche audience. Offline advertising can drive online visitors to a website. Here is a short list of a few low cost marketing ideas:
1) Refrigerator Magnets. Then, mail to a niche mailing list.
2) Sponsor a weekly newletter ( school, church, synagogue, niche organization, etc )
3) Send a flyer announcement to a niche mailing list.
4) Sponsor an event.
5) Bulletin Boards in local shops, clubs, etc.
6) Advertise on disposable Coffee cup holders. Give out free to local coffee shops.
7) Sponsor restaurant placemats.
8) Local Radio and/or Low Cost Television Ads.
9) PPC Search Marketing.
10) Display Ads such as banners.
11) Imprint your message on a Calendar, and drop off stacks at local businesses. Calendars will keep your name and website in front of people throughout the year.
12) Sponsor T-shirts for the little leaue baseball team, where they will wear your website or message at every practice and game event.