What is Paid Inclusion & How does it work?
Simply stated, Paid Inclusion is a direct data feed into Yahoo Web Results. It appears as Organic resultsâ€¦not Paid Search. And, ensures all your valuable content is both Indexed and optimized into Yahoo search results. It is a guarantee that all your content will be mixed in with the organic results.
What’s the cost of Paid Inclusion? The advertiser pays a flat CPC fee. There is no bidding. The CPC is between $0.15 – $0.30.
How is it optimized? Because the feed itself can be different from the actual webpage source code, so all the unnecessary code ( like flash) can be removed. You’re left with an optimized data feed. There is Feed technology available that can crawl large-scale websites – so no IT resources or data transfers are required from client.
The creative & keyword generation can be enhanced. You can develop and optimize webpage specific titles and descriptions which appear in
Yahoo Search Results. And, there is the ability to add/remove listings and change ad messaging within 48 hours which ensures all pages are always updated. Additionally, A/B testing can be conducted.
Paid Inclusion Process:
Keyword Analysis, Campaign Build, Add Feeds, Measure ROI, Evaluate, Optimize and Test.
Sounds great, right? Let’s recap on the advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of Paid Inclusion:
1) Increase targeted search traffic, site brand awareness, and market share in a competitive space.
2) Drive new visitors to site.
3) Maximize number of indexed pages, ranking, and share of voice.
4) Optimize ranking on highly targeted keywords and geographies.
Disadvantages of Paid Inclusion:
1) NO guarantee pages will rank well for key terms.
2) Typically, low click volume.
3) Paid Inclusion can cannibalize SEO (organic results).