The SEO Consultant must start with understanding the clientsâ€™ business and marketing goals to develop the strategy and approach for a winning SEO campaign.
Ideally, the SEO Consultant should understand things like: Business Objectives, Marketing Strategies, Demographics of Target Audience, Media Mix & Flight Dates, Creative considerations, Messaging, Success Metrics, Dependencies, and Methods of Measurement.
Then, the SEO Consultant starts the process of leveraging the clientâ€™s strategic marketing and messaging information (industry segment, target market, value proposition or offer, etc.) for keyword selection and creative development.
Our objective typically is to increase overall site visitors & conversions, thru increased keyword rankings. Here’s our SEO methodology:
1. Keyword research & Keyword Tracking.
2. Competition Analysis.
3. Baseline reporting (Traffic, Rankings and Conversions).
4. Technical Analysis & recommendations.
5. Content Analysis, Siloing & SEO Copywriting.
6. Link Analysis & Link Building.
7. Monthly Tracking & Reporting.
Here is a summarized task list for the SEO Consultant.
1) Understanding Client’s Business Objectives & Strategic Marketing Plan
2) Comprehensive Website Analysis
3) Keyword Research and Analysis.
4) Baseline report
5) Competitive analysis for main keywords/keyword phrases in Search Engines.
6) Content Analysis & SEO Copywriting
7) Analysis of information architecture and linking structure.
8) Analysis of HTML and page layout.
9) HTML validation.
10) Recommendations for necessary modifications to essential page text elements for achieving satisfactory search engine placement.
12) Search Engine Saturation / Link Popularity Analysis
13) Link Relevancy & Co-Citation Analysis
14) Internal & External Linking Strategy & Recommendation.
15) Ongoing Monthly monitoring, reporting and recommendations.
16) Continually optimize according to the clientâ€™s needs and business objectives
Below is an SEO Proposal that I’ve used in the past:
SEO Process, Deliverables, and Pricing
The following provides details on our 9-Step SEO process, along with pricing. Our 9-step SEO Process ensures that we provide a thorough and comprehensive analysis and recommendation.
Step 1: Identify initial webpages for SEO: We will identify and optimize the most important pages on your web property first.
Step 2: Identify the main and alternate keywords for each web page: Identifying the right keyword phrase that will drive results is critical for successful SEO. Our findings show that in many cases, a phrase is better than single word, especially in an online competitive situation.
Step 3: Interim Client Approval: Review the webpageâ€™s and keywords with you to obtain agreement or make adjustments before beginning the actual SEO analysis and recommendations.
Step 4: Baseline Reporting: Generate a baseline report for the primary & secondary keywords. The baseline, as the name implies, gives us an indication of where your pages are ranked on the leading search engines, and will be used to measure results.
Step 5: Critical element analysis: We provide a deep analysis on the key elements that, when adjusted & optimized, leads to an overall successful SEO campaign.
Step 6: Recommendations: Leveraging the analysis performed in Step 5, we create a comprehensive document that addresses specific changes and additions for your site. In some cases we include sample copy and the exact HTML code, suitable for cut & paste by your programming team. Further, we will explain in detail each of these attributes and include industry standards. We will review this document with you in detail and address any questions.
Step 7: Programming: The actual implementation of our detailed recommendations. Once all the changes have been completed, we will run an audit to verify that the recommendation was implemented correctly and identify any changes, if needed.
Step 8: Submission to Search Engines & Web Directories: Although search channels regularly spider new & existing pages, we recommend submitting pages to the key channels. We will, as part of the recommendation, identify the key search channels where we should submit your webpageâ€™s, and any fee associated with each. (Eg: Google Sitemaps, BOTW, etc.)
Step 9: Monitoring and Optimizing: SEO takes patience and continuous monitoring and optimizing to achieve success â€“ more so in a highly competitive keyword segment. We will provide monthly reporting and optimization recommendations. The reporting is compared to the baseline (or previous monthâ€™s results) to identify trends and help guide additional adjustments.
Optional SEO services include:
1) Writing Press Releases that are optimized for Search.
2) SEO Copywriting Service
SEO Consultant Pricing:
We charge a fair fixed price per project. The price depends according to the complexity and industry competitiveness, so we charge a retainer fee starting at $4,000. A monthly budget cap can be instituted.