When marketing to a Hispanic demographic it makes sense to use search engines that are specific to the Latino market, and/or have a large hispanic user-base. Below is some useful data to help your Hispanic search strategy.
Search Engine market share to Hispanics:
Combined Local Country Engines (see list below): 9%
Demographic of typical Hispanic search user:
1) Users tend to be younger, and do more online.
2) 49% speak Spanish fluently.
3) 13% of the US Population.
4) 51% US Hispanic adults view web in Spanish.
Top 10 Hispanic Search Regions in the US (based upon searching in Spanish):
3. New Jersey
6. Washington DC
7. New York
Search Marketing Tactics to Target US Hispanics:
1) Set both English & Spanish as the target languages on both Google and Google Espanol.
2) Opt into the content network to increase your impressions and clicks. Contextually relevant messages via AdSense (eg: MySpace Espanol, and international Spanish sites which are in the Google Content Network).
3) Create Regional (geo-targeted), and Nationwide campaigns.
4) Local advertising via Google Maps to Hispanic areas.
5) Experiment with Dynamic keyword insertion.
6) Experiment with Spanish language in the ad copy.
Spanish Language Search Engines (many are distribution partners with Google or Y!):
Google in Spanish:
Yahoo in Spanish:
Yahoo Search Marketing Mexico:
Directa Click Network:
Terra Mexico: (Mexico)
Terra Argentina: (Argentina)
Terra Brazil: (Brazil)
IG Busca: (Brazil)
Terra Chile: (Chile)
AOL in Spanish: (Mexico)
Lycos in Spanish:
AOL in Spanish: (Argentina)
Excite in Spanish:
Brujula: (Mainly Argentina)
MSN in Spanish:
Tiscali in Spanish:
Mexico Web: (Mexico)
Panama 1: (Panama)
Buscapique: (Latin America)
Terra Venezuala: (Venezuela)
UOL Busca: (Brazil)